The Permanent Conference of Cities and Municipalities (PCCM) is implementing the project “Sustainable Urban Mobility in Cities and Municipalities in Serbia” in partnership with the project “Sustainable Urban Mobility in Southeast Europe – Phase II” of the Open Regional Fund for South Eastern Europe – Energy Efficiency (ORF-EE) GIZ on behalf of the German government. The goal of the project is to strengthen the capacities of local governments in the field of sustainable urban mobility planning.
The Permanent Conference of Cities and Municipalities will provide support to two cities/municipalities that express their interest in the development of a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP) within this project, as a strategic document at the local level which aims to meet the needs for the movement of people and businesses in urban settlements and their surroundings in order to improve the quality of life. The city/municipality to be selected, within the cooperation with the SCTM, will receive technical support in the drafting of the Urban Mobility Plan for the next 10 months (April 2019 – February 2020).
Technical support includes:
- Engagement of an expert/consultant who will provide expert support to the Municipality/City Working Group during the process of preparing the Urban Mobility Plan
- Training of the working group members on sustainable urban mobility
- Possibility of regional exchange of experience with other cities participating in the project.
- Conducting up to three workshops with stakeholders in the process of preparing POUM
- Preparation of an initial study of traffic conditions in the settlement and/or counting traffic in order to determine the visual distribution, in accordance with the needs of the city/municipality
- Support in the implementation of the European Mobility Week 2019 (September).